Writing B2B copy >
Writing for business audiences means combining the key facts and technical argument with the impact and emotion to ensure your words get read. Here's a short checklist to help.
- Decide how you want to change your reader’s ideas.
- Start with impact.
- Have a deliberate style and personality.
- Say ‘you’ not ‘we’.
- Keep sentences short.
- Add colour with examples and anecdotes.
- Finish with a call to action.
- Don’t be afraid of deliberate repetition.
- Keep trying different ways.
- Check how it looks on the page.
- Read and edit at least three times with a break in between.
- Have fun writing - it shows through.
- If you get stuck, call me.